Saturday, June 14, 2014

Steps On How To Get To Heaven - Part 2

Logo Design by FlamingText.com
If you are not saved, you who are reading this right now, you are lost from God. God loves you. He cannot bear to lose you forever. You might think you are not worth it, but God says you are very valuable to Him. He loved you so much and wants you to go live with Him where He has prepared a place for you that He gave His only Son to die on the cross. Jesus being obedient stretched out His arms dying on the cross for your sins, for your salvation; all out of love. You know maybe right this second as your read God is speaking to you. Maybe He has been speaking to you for a while and you've been ignoring him. You know you have been going the wrong way, turn around right now. Jesus, I don't want to keep going the wrong way, I want to go your way; walk with you. I don't want to live a life of sin any longer. I ask you to forgive me and come into my life and guide me to the road to Heaven.


stairway to heaven photo: Stairway To Heaven 58.gifLet's talk about the five steps you must take to get to heaven:


Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." We must accept and understand what I am in God's sight and accept what He says about me. See God says we are all sinners. We have all said and done wrong things. No one is perfect except one - God. You know how in the Garden of Eden told Adam and Eve that if they ate of the fruit of Good and Evil they would surely die. Well they did both ways. First they died spiritually because they sinned against God and that created a separation and physical death entered the world. Therefore, sin is a terrible thing. It hurts us, it hurts others and it hurts God. Do you know why it hurts God, because He is holy. The only one happy with this situation is the devil.

You know how many times we say I wish I could change what I said or did, unfortunately we cannot, but we can be forgiven. The Bible says "All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away." John 6:35 See the Lord Jesus can forgive all your sins and He wants to otherwise He would have never died and that cross and rose again on the third day. He loves all sinners, He just doesn't love what they are doing.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." This is how I know that I know that He loves me! You know I read somewhere the when He mentions the "world" He's talking about you and me. Now this is how they taught me to say this verse to make it personal: For God so loved Debora that He gave His only begotten Son that Debora believing in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Try it, enter your name and say it. Isn't it more personal and hits more at home?

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners Christ died for us." 

You see God loves you. He loves sinners. God is saying I'm showing you how much I love you by sending my only Son to die on the cross for you. John 3L16 says "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believe in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Do you love someone that much, someone that you don't know and you know doesn't deserve a second chance give up your only child for their salvation, for their second chance? I don't know of anyone that would say yes that question. He died for you and He died for me. On that cross He bore the punishment for our sins. He did in our place, that punishment belonged to us. Guess what though? He didn't stay dead! He rose again and now He is the Living Savior! When He rose from the dead He was given all power in Heaven and on earth. He's the only one that can forgive our sins.




Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone
 hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with
that person and they with me.
Revelation 3:20


Jesus is knocking at the door of your heart right now. This following verse tells us how to become His child. John 1:12 "Yet to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God."







In order for you to become a child of God you come as a sinner to the Lord. He demonstrates His love towards you by sending His only Son to die on the cross for your sins. Then Jesus rises from the dead so you have a Living Savior. You recognized you are a sinner. You  start hearing Jesus knocking at the door and you open the door....you are asking Jesus into your life. To take Jesus as your Savior, you ask Him to come into your heart. Like the verse and image above your heart is like a house with a door and Jesus is knocking. Once you ask Him to come in, you then become a child of God.



How do we know this? How can we be assured of this? Well, let's go to the source of all truth, the Bible. Let's read in John 3:36 "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them." 

Now it's your time to choose. You want to choose the road that leads to heaven, right? I don't think that anyone in their right mind would consciously choose the road that leads to hell. So after everything you've read, I hope you have been able to understand what I was trying to communicate to you. 

It summarizes to this: 
1. Recognize you are a sinner (sin separates you from God - broken relationship/communication)
2. God loves you
3. Jesus died for you (He took on your punishment)
4. He knocks like a gentleman at the door of your heart. You open the door and let Him in. You receive Him. You are now a child of God.
5. You now are assured eternal life in heaven with Jesus

If you have decided to ask Jesus into your heart, here is a prayer to help you:
Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I know that I have been going the path of destruction. I believe that you are the Son of God, that you died on the cross for my sins and that you rose from the dead. I surrender my life to you right now and ask you to come into my heart and forgive me of all my sins. Thank you for loving me. I take you as my personal Lord and Savior." Amen

 How do I know that I have eternal life? Well 1 John 5:13 says "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know you have eternal life."

I've heard many people say "they said life was going to be easier as a Christian." It's wonderful being a child of God, but the Christian life while we are ON THIS EARTH will not be easy. Read what Jesus says:

1. John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. 
2. Hebrews 13:5b ".......I will never leave you; never will I forsake you."

Mark 8:36 "What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and lose their soul?



I hope that this blog is a blessing to you, your friends and your family. I pray that God will minister to your life and that He will bless you abundantly. If you made the decision for Christ send me an email at debc711@gmail.com Comments are welcomed.

Please share the link with others so they may be blessed as well. Thank you! Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Get Back up Again

You know there are days where you feel that the wind has been knocked out of you. You feel that life has knocked you down. You feel that lif...