Thursday, May 29, 2014

What Does the Bible says about Suicide?

I am editing this post because I want to add a video of a young man competing in Britain's Got Talent he was given a bad review and he went off stage and shot himself. 

John 10:10a "The enemy comes only to steal and kill and destroy...."  "Don't be a fool - why die before your time?" Ecclesiastes 7:17b

What does the bible say about suicide? How does God view? Does all those who kill themselves go to hell?

Almost everyone would agree that life is the most precious gift that human beings have been given. Just the chance to be alive on this earth and play a part in the grand scheme of God’s eternal plan is a privilege indeed.However there are times that things get so difficult or so hard to carry that we wish we were dead. Some of us it lingers so much that the thought becomes suicide looks like their only escape. The bible says that "we shall not murder" that is not only others but ourselves as well. God created us in His image and He has given us the potential to overcome the evil in this world.

Suicide is a grievous sin that hearts God and also hurts very much the family of the deceased. The pain of losing a loved one that took their own life isn't easy to to heal. If you or someone you know is contemplating suicide or know someone who did God wants you to know that there is HOPE! He is also the great RESTORER and HEALER.

The Bible talks about the greatest men who faced depression and sometimes wrote that they wished they had not been born. Examples of this: King David and this can be found in Psalm 13:2-4, the Prophet Jeremiah in Jeremiah 20:14-18, and Job among others despaired their own lives. In Job 7:15-16 says "so that I prefer strangling and death, rather than this body of mine. I despise my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone; my days have no meaning." These men were blessed by God and are of an example how they persevered through the trials. They suffered injustice but they kept their faith in God and they overcame and they led abundant, long lives.

We must understand that we all get depressed from time to time. However there are times that the depression goes longer than it should and this is when the thoughts of suicide come in and let me tell you this is none of than the demonic forces putting these thoughts in your head because God is a God of life. Suicide goes directly against the power of life that He took pride in putting into creation. Look around you there is life everywhere, even in the worst situation, their is survival instinct to live is a gift of God. Suicide developed in the demonic realm because John 10:10 says that the devil came to steal and to kill and to destroy. Though demons my try to tempt us to commit suicide, those that are Christians, have power over the devil and he cannot push us to do this if we call on the name of Jesus.

There is a spiritual battle going on. Ephesians 6:12 says "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces in this heavenly realm." See we are spiritual beings and we are in a daily spiritual fight. The devil wants to take with him as many people as he wants.

Many people, myself included, have believed that the people who commit suicide go immediately to hell because that is what I was taught all taught all the time. However, looking through the bible and doing research the Bible stays silent about this issue. If we knew we would still go to heaven there would be a lot more suicides than there already is. However, if we knew they would go to hell it would be too much for the family to bear. The bible says that their are only two unforgivable sings that is rejecting Christ "but whoever does not believe in me shall be condemned" Mark 16:16b and blasphemy against the Holy Spirit Mark 3:29 "But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of eternal sin."

So I come to the conclusion that although the bible doesn't state that if you commit suicide you will go to hell you are in danger of going to hell because your relationship with God is not where it should be. If you have an intimate relationship with God you would go to God in prayer and ask Him to help you with these thoughts that are invading your mind. You would ask God to let you hang on to hope and to trust in Him to see you through this. You are stronger than you think when you are in a relationship with God. So I would dare to say that if you actually do commit suicide you would go to hell because that relationship with God is broken.

People, we have to remember that we will all come before the Lord one day to be judged on everything: our lives, our beliefs, our motives, the work we did, etc. You know God is a God of grace and many people say this to commit all kinds of sin. They think that they can sin come to God and ask for forgiveness and do it all over again the next day. Like if they had a license to sin. That's not how it works. Yes there are times we fail God not intentionally and we come before Him and ask for forgiveness and He forgives us. But to repent means to turn around and walk away and ever go back to it. If people would have on their minds all the time that they are going to be judged about what they are doing, living, believing, etc the we would see a whole lot more people serving God.(Many don't understand those who knew God intimately and knew His Word and are now are out there sinning, but the reality is that they stopped building that relationship with God and little by little they began to go further and further away and sin came knocking at their door and they had no strength to fight it).

You might think right now that God is far away from you when in reality He is much closer than you think. Maybe these words are speaking to you right now. Don't ignore it. You need to receive healing because depression sometimes stems out of different feelings like: anger, resentment, unforgiveness, self-pity, frustration, despair, worthlessness, jealousy, hopelessness, fearfulness, bitterness, vengeance and if you turn all these to God the healing process can begin. You cannot do it by yourself. The Bible tells us in Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will."

Let's Pray:

Father, in the name of Jesus, I come to you confessing my sin to. Lord you say that those who come to you with a broken heart and a humble spirit you give grace. I lay before you all pride, all sin put behind me. I present to you as I truly am with all my burdens, weakness, helplessness of my life. You are my Roc of my salvation and I come to you. Father forgive me of all sin and cleanse me. I open my heart to your blessings. I cast all my cares upon you and I let your Spirit carry them far away from me. Your Word says that you cast my sins to the depths of the sea and remember them no more. Lord your Word says in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to bless you and not harm you plans for a hope and a future." Thank you Lord for giving me hope, for giving me life and for having a plan for my life. Lord I thank you because with your outstretched arms on that cross you showed me you loved me and the punishment I deserved you took them for me. .


Satan, I close every door I have opened to you and I denounce every activity I have taken part in with you. In Jesus name, As it is written in James 4:7 "Submit yourselves, then, to God. resist the devil and he will flee. I remind you that you have been defeated by the power of the cross and I remind you of your future. By the authority and power given unto my by God I command you to leave me right now!

If you've repeated this prayer, I would like to hear from you. If you do not want to leave a comment because you want to leave a more private message send an email:www.blogspot.debc711@yahoo.com

God Bless

- Debbie


Joven se suicida en vivo despues de eliminacion de competencia


Here's another 16 year old girl that committed suicide on Facebook
The video of the act has been removed but here are the news about it.
More and more people are using the internet to show their suicide
We need to pay more attention to the children and be aware of the
signs that tell you that your child is contemplating on committing suicide

1 comment:

Featured Post

Get Back up Again

You know there are days where you feel that the wind has been knocked out of you. You feel that life has knocked you down. You feel that lif...